Wed, May 26|
Throwing and Alternative Firing Class
As with so many processes, each step is crucial in achieving the desired result. Scott's 5 weeks course covers throwing the right forms and achieving the perfect surface before the final firing for optimal results. 3 weeks of throwing and 2 weeks of firing, this is an in depth class exploring raku,
Time & Location
May 26, 2021, 6:30 PM – Jun 23, 2021, 8:30 PM
SOLD OUT, Beginner - Advanced
About the event
This five-week class focuses on a variety of alternative firing processes, including saggar firing, iron oxide fuming, horsehair, and naked raku. While the results of atmospheric firing cannot be fully controlled, learn ways of influencing serendipity to achieve desired results.
Alternative Firing Techniques class information
- Perfect for students ready to explore new techniques.
- Learn a variety of alternative firing techniques including saggar firing, raku, horsehair and naked raku.
- Students must provide clay and basic pottery tool kit
- Classes include 2 hours open studio practice time per week by appointment.
- Firing fees and glaze fees are included.
- Students are responsible for cleaning work areas after each class.
- If a class has fewer than four students, we reserve the right to cancel the class and issue a full refund.
- Classes are not prorated and missed classes will not be credited. Make up classes can be scheduled as a private class by appointment only at $65 per hour.
- Any artwork left after fourteen (14) days becomes the property of the studio.
Alternative Firing Class
+$5.63 Service fee
+$5.63 Service fee0